
Struggled to find the proper title for today's posting. How do you describe watching television to see your only child fulfill his Olympic dream?
I am an Olympic junky and have watched every Opening Ceremony for years - I never mind getting up early or staying up late to address the time change - its important to watch it when it happens and not tape delayed if at all possible. I don't think I properly prepared myself to watch this Opening Ceremony however. Catching a glimpse of Riley on the field was a huge emotional moment. He wasn't one of the masses of excited athletes - he was mine! We've gotten so used to his achievements and the press and attention that has gone along with it that I've been kind of treating this like every other event. But its the OLYMPICS! and I think it was that moment that it dawned on me that he's there, and what he has accomplished to get there. So I'm choosing WOW. It really was just that.
I am an Olympic junky and have watched every Opening Ceremony for years - I never mind getting up early or staying up late to address the time change - its important to watch it when it happens and not tape delayed if at all possible. I don't think I properly prepared myself to watch this Opening Ceremony however. Catching a glimpse of Riley on the field was a huge emotional moment. He wasn't one of the masses of excited athletes - he was mine! We've gotten so used to his achievements and the press and attention that has gone along with it that I've been kind of treating this like every other event. But its the OLYMPICS! and I think it was that moment that it dawned on me that he's there, and what he has accomplished to get there. So I'm choosing WOW. It really was just that.
3 comments:
I love that shot! Especially since I know he was talking to you. :)
Voted for it on CBC...
WOW indeed! How very exciting and a wonderful connection for everyone who knows you all. When do you actually get to go and join in the fun?!
I'm just a reader of your blog and I'm sooooo proud too!!!! What a thrill!!!
Post a Comment