Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another First for Riley

Another tremendously proud mom moment last week when Riley won his first Senior National Platform title in Montreal. I think I was most thrilled with his never give up attitude in the final when he was second going into the last dive. I knew he could do it and wasn't nervous at all watching the live video feed. Riley has done such a great job of preparing himself for every scenario that I knew he knew exactly how many points he needed to win - and he did.
This time his friend and mentor Alexandre Despatie was not competing against him but cheering him on from Miami. I'm sure Alex was almost as proud as I was as he has taken his role as big brother and guide seriously. I'm also looking forward to the day that Riley takes over the crown for real and I think Alex does too.

http://diving.ca/english/html/news/2007/jr7.htm

1 comment:

Mika Ryan said...

Very cool, well done mother and son! I would be a nervous wreck.....your post made me realize that having a diver for a son, would be as stressful as watching figure skaters....will they land it!